Early-stage mesothelioma symptoms or its signs are often overlooked, seen, or tagged as common illnesses. Early – Stage mesothelioma Symptoms are misdiagnosed by mesothelioma doctors as ovarian cancer, lung cancer, pneumonia, IBS [ irritable bowel syndrome], or even asthma because of The similar symptoms and signs they share.
These early-stage mesothelioma symptoms are also known as the first stage. Mesothelioma is often undetected at the early- Stage cause it can be extremely complicated to detect mesothelioma at the early stage, and one must be wondering why?
Because mesothelioma symptoms or signs take up to 10 to 50 years or even more before showing up after asbestos exposure, cause mesothelioma is to detect when it has advanced.
Despite how long it takes for the mesothelioma symptoms or signs to show up, it is detected at the early stage, so in this article, we are going to list out all the early-stage mesothelioma Symptoms by Type and as well provide other important information related to the Early stage mesothelioma symptoms and signs.
NB; If you are experiencing any of the mesothelioma symptoms below please go and get tested. Please know that mesothelioma is a deadly disease that shouldn’t be taken for granted.
What is the Early stage of mesothelioma symptoms?
After asbestos exposure, mesothelioma symptoms can hide in the body for many years. That is why learning and understanding the signs and symptoms of mesothelioma cancer is very consequential, especially if you think or suspect that you may have been- exposed to asbestos fibers.
According to medical reports from mesothelioma doctors which entitles that at the Early stage of mesothelioma, a mesothelioma patient is likely to experience general signs or symptoms like;
Difficulty in breathing Medically known as Dyspnea is one of the early-stage mesothelioma symptoms that we should not overlook. These breathing problems can cause discomfort to a mesothelioma patient because he or she will be experiencing the chest and can’t get enough air.
Note that mesothelioma is not the only disease that has this symptom. it is important that you should get tested for confirmation or clarity.
Pleural effusion; Is also known as water on the lungs or fluid build-up
it is also one of the early-stage mesothelioma symptoms, so if you are experiencing pleural Effusion the symptoms may include
- Chest pain
- Nonproductive cough
- And orthopnea
Please do reach out to a mesothelioma doctor to get tested. Note that mesothelioma is not the only disease that can cause pleural- effusion.
Other illnesses that can cause pleural effusion are as follows
- Heart failure
- Inflammatory diseases
- Kidney diseases etc
Chest pain and abdominal pain; These symptoms are not left aside,
Yes, it is also an early-stage mesothelioma symptom or one of the vital warning signs that should not be left ignored. chest pain is a sign or symptom of pleural mesothelioma which harms the tissues found around the lungs. While abdominal pain is a second warning or symptom a patient with peritoneal mesothelioma may experience when the asbestos spreads around the internal organ in the abdominal region.
Respiratory complication; Respiratory problems are one of the symptoms a patient with pleural mesothelioma may experience
Pleural mesothelioma can also cause shortness of breath and pleural effusion Washing your hands and covering your mouth while coughing can help you to avoid respiratory complications. Not only that but as a mesothelioma Patient, you must have to stop smoking Because it will help in reducing the respiratory problem that comes with mesothelioma.
Fever; Once you are exposed to asbestos [the known cause of mesothelioma]
you may experience fever, a high, or a change in temperature in your body. These symptoms may include night sweat, loss of appetite, or even chills
if you notice that you have inhaled asbestos fibers or work in a company that uses or produce asbestos-contaminated products and you are having fever, it might be a sign of mesothelioma
Getting tested on time to know the cause of the temperature rise is important in your body. However, mesothelioma is not the only disease that causes a temporary rise in temperature.
Other early-stage mesothelioma symptoms that a mesothelioma victim may experience include
- Loss of appetite
- Night sweats
- Unexplainable weight loss
- Dry cough and weakness are also early-stage mesothelioma symptoms.
All these are the general symptoms experienced by a mesothelioma patient. These symptoms are no joke. Please contact and book an appointment with a mesothelioma doctor now.
Symptoms of early-stage Mesothelioma
Early signs of mesothelioma are frequently modest and non-specific, making the disease difficult to detect. Here are some of the most prevalent symptoms associated with early-stage mesothelioma:
- Breathlessness: This is a typical symptom of mesothelioma caused by fluid accumulation in the lungs. The fluid buildup can make breathing difficult and produce a sense of tightness in the chest.
- Mesothelioma can cause pain in the chest, ranging from minor discomfort to severe agony. The discomfort may be constant or intermittent, and it may be accompanied by shortness of breath.
- Fatigue is a frequent symptom of mesothelioma, and it can appear even in the early stages. It is sometimes defined as fatigue or exhaustion that does not go away with rest.
- Weight Loss: Unexplained weight loss might indicate various health issues, including mesothelioma. If you are losing weight without trying, it is critical that you get medical assistance.
- A chronic cough that does not go away with therapy might be an indication of mesothelioma. Chest discomfort, loss of breath, and wheezing may accompany it.
- Sweating: Mesothelioma patients may experience profuse sweating, particularly at night. This might be the result of a fever or an overactive immune system.
- Swelling: Mesothelioma can cause swelling in the face and arms as a result of fluid buildup in the body. Swelling in the abdomen can also develop, causing discomfort and agony.
Early-stage mesothelioma symptoms by type
Mesothelioma is mainly of different types Pleural mesothelioma [Lungs], Peritoneal mesothelioma[Abdomen], and Pericardial mesothelioma[ Heart ] and Testicular mesothelioma [tunica vaginalis testis].
Note that each type has different symptoms and can grow and develops in those areas indicated in the bracket above
Pleural mesothelioma; this type of mesothelioma is an aggressive one that forms in the lining of the lungs known as pleura. Here are some symptoms a patient with pleural mesothelioma may experience;
- Loss of appetite
- weight loss
- Blood clotting disorder
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Night sweats
- Pleural effusion
- Body pains and weakness
According to reports, a patient with pleural mesothelioma can survive up to eighteen months after being diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma and has a 1-year survival rate of about seventy-three percent and a 5-year survival rate of about twelve percent.
N/B There are other diseases with these similar symptoms Pleural-mesothelioma can also be mistaken for pneumonia, bronchitis, flu, or lung cancer.
Peritoneal mesothelioma; This Type of mesothelioma forms in the lining of the Abdominal area and is called the [peritoneum] in mesothelioma cases, our Society Today has up to Fifteen to twenty mesothelioma patients that are diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma.
The symptoms of this Peritoneal mesothelioma are mostly occurring around the abdominal area, Some of these reported symptoms of peritoneal mesothelioma symptoms include.
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Bowel obstruction
- Unexplainable weight loss
- Peritoneal effusion
- Abdominal swelling
- Night sweats
N/B This Type of mesothelioma symptom is often mistaken as IBS[ irritable bowel syndrome] or Crohn’s disease.
Pericardial mesothelioma; This Type of mesothelioma appears in the Heart called the pericardium, Pericardial- mesothelioma is an aggressive disease in which its symptoms occur in the chest cavity.
Because of the aggressiveness of this disease, the symptoms progress fast. Pericardial mesothelioma symptoms include
- Pericardial effusion
- Heart palpitation
- Chest pain
- Night sweat
- Acute cough.
Pericardial mesothelioma can be diagnosed incorrectly or mistakenly as Heart failure, coronary artery disease, etc.
Testicular mesothelioma; Forms in the lining of the testes called tunica vaginalis test ]Testicular mesothelioma cases are fewer. The recorded or mentioned symptoms are
Testicular pains, Lumps on the scrotum, Hydrocele, Epididymitis, and fluid build-up.
Testicular mesothelioma is a rare disease and can often be wrong- diagnosed as Hernia.
Diagnosis of mesothelioma can be difficult since the early symptoms are generally non-specific and can be confused with other health concerns. To diagnose mesothelioma, doctors employ a combination of tests, including:
- Imaging tests, such as X-rays, CT scans, and MRI scans, can aid doctors in the detection of anomalies in the body, such as tumors or fluid buildup.
- Biopsy: The most reliable approach to diagnose mesothelioma is by a biopsy. A biopsy involves taking a tiny sample of tissue from the afflicted region and examining it under a microscope.
- Blood testing: Certain proteins generated by mesothelioma cells can be detected in blood tests. These tests are not conclusive and are frequently used in conjunction with other diagnostic procedures.
Treatment for Mesothelioma
The therapy for mesothelioma is determined by the stage of the disease, the location of the tumor, and the patient’s general condition. Surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and immunotherapy are among the treatment possibilities. A mix of therapies may be employed in some circumstances.
The most frequent therapy for early-stage mesothelioma is surgery. Surgery’s purpose is to remove as much of the tumor as feasible. In severe circumstances, the damaged lung must be removed entirely. To destroy any leftover cancer cells, surgery is frequently followed by chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
Chemotherapy is a cancer treatment that employs the use of chemicals to destroy cancer cells. It is frequently used in conjunction with surgery to eliminate any leftover cancer cells.
Some factors that may influence mesothelioma symptoms
Mesothelioma specialists have disclosed many factors that can hasten the development of mesothelioma symptoms, so of these factors includes
- The amount of time When you have been -exposed to asbestos may quicken the appearance of mesothelioma symptoms.
- Your high level of asbestos exposure is one of the main factors that can quicken the development of mesothelioma symptoms.
- Mesothelioma symptoms can also appear earlier Depending- on the cancer cell type.
- How you got exposed to asbestos can as well increase the early symptoms of mesothelioma.
- The aggressive Spreading of mesothelioma on the internal organs can also quicken the mesothelioma- symptoms.
Early-stage mesothelioma symptoms may go unnoticed or be misdiagnosed as symptoms of another disease or infection with the same or similar symptoms listed in this post. Searching for early-stage mesothelioma symptoms simply means that you suspect you have been exposed to asbestos fiber, which causes mesothelioma cancer. Early detection or testing for these early-stage mesothelioma symptoms can help you determine the type of mesothelioma you have and improve your treatment options. Be strong, and go see a doctor now that you’ve searched for and read this post. Yes, you are powerful enough. I’m sending you many hugs.